View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #51
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
I want to know why the hell white guys ask me if I date/fuck black men?
Speaking to my own experience here: I have been asked this so many times. Not by everybody, just -- many times over the years. And not just by white men: also Latin, Middle Eastern... Often it's asked in a roundabout way, like: so you must have gone out with a lot of black guys, eh. Or so black guys must really like you eh.

Very occasionally there is a somewhat neutral curiosity in it, about how the world/fatland works and how their lives intersect with other people - but usually the reason for asking is just negative, period; insecure, competitive, racist, arrested, fearful...

The worst/most overt comments in my experience have been from men who are immigrants themselves: it's like they are learning the lessons of American racism incredibly well in their desire to fit in. Especially weird when it comes from dark-skinned guys. Points out how learned and arbitrary it all is. It's depressing.

Anyhow, it's one of those questions that generally makes my heart sink. Like - ungh!

Last edited by liz (di-va); 02-25-2014 at 09:26 PM.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote