View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 05:39 PM   #60
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
I'm curious to your conclusion and how does BBW on the west coast have it easier than those living in (NYC) or other east coast cities?
When I was working in the NYC area I hardly ever saw BBWs in social settings (e.g. going for a drink after work etc.). I had quite a few BBW co-workers but they never socialized. When I was out socializing (not at BBW events) I encountered very few BBWs. During my time in the NYC area I also heard (or overheard) many negative comments about fat women.

Out west (SF, Portland, Seattle) things were quite different. Fat co-workers went for drinks with the group. When I was out and about I actually encountered fat people socializing. I heard far fewer negative comments.

My experience with LA is more limited but every time I go to Venice Beach (a really cool place) I see lots of BBWs (often very provocatively dressed).

Caveat: my experience with NYC was primarily limited to Manhattan and nearby parts of New Jersey. I suspect things may be quite different in other areas.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote