View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #16
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I’m sure that this has always been around, long before the net—it is just easier to find other people with similar interests now. I know I’ve told this story before, but it is relevant to this.

We moved to a new city the Summer when I was between grades two and three. Of the 16 houses on our dead-end street, there was one that had a kid in my grade and school, so of course we started hanging out. His parents were fat, really fat. Here and now I’d call them super-sized ,but back then of course I didn’t know any such terms. When his Dad got home from work he’d take off his work shirt, then in his dress pants and undershit sit himself down in the large armchair in front of the TV in their rec-room, just filling up the chair. His mom wasn’t much thinner. They had the classic 70’s basement bar, but the bar fridge was stocked with soda, and the counter lined with packages of store-bought cookies—and if I went over there after school we could each have some of those cookies and watch after-school TV (mostly re-runs of Gilligan’s Island and the like). And a lot of other small things that suggested there was no effort to avoid fatness in that family. To me, those were unheard of indulgences, and even at that age I was thinking “wow, this fat people lifestyle has its perks!” (even if they weren’t all ones that I really wanted for myself)

Unfortunately that boy and I never got along particularly well (just very different personalities) and within a year we started drifting apart, and within a few years we didn’t hang out at all any more. It was about that time that his mom lost a substantial amount of weight—she was still a bbw, but no longer an ssbbw you could say. The gossip went around our street that she had done it so that she could take over the grass cutting and snow shoveling, because she was worried that her husband would have a heart attack in trying to do those chores at his size and fitness level. This was gossiped about with clucking of the tongues and in tones of “Can you imagine!”

But I’d been over there, I’d seen them interact, I couldn’t imagine that she did this out of some disapproval, an affronted “Well if you are too out of shape and fat to man up then I’ll have to be the man, so there!” Even at about ten or eleven years old I was pretty sure she did it so that he could stay fat, that she was quite happy with how he was, and loved him and his body so much that she was willing to make the sacrifice to lose weight. Maybe I was making up fairy tales for myself because of my latent fat-love, but I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure that she was at least an FFA, and quite possibly some degree of a feeder, and he was quite possible some degree of FA as well as probably something like a gainer (although of course I didn’t have the terms, or reference points, to think about it in that way at the time).

Would they have known those terms? Not likely. As a couple who were happy enough with their lives, if the internet had been around back then would they have been talking about it on web sites? Probably not. On the other hand, on a day to day basis, was it a big part of what they were doing? I doubt it….if anything it seemed more like a common philosophy which informed their choices, rather than an activity (although who knows what happened after their son was asleep at night?). I guess what I’m trying to say is that feederism wasn’t invented on web sites, or even when people came up with terms for it. It has no doubt always been out there, some people who are into it may never ever talk about it or even view it in that way, and no doubt in many people it is more latent than active.

(as an object lesson, not long ago I got in touch with my former neighbour on facebook, and between finding out that we still really have nothing in common, it came out in passing found out that his father died of heart failure in his 50s. Being really fat and totally sedentary with a horrible diet….not such a good combination).