View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 02:16 PM   #68
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Fwiw

I think it's fair for you guys to either take offense or be critical of how cavalier, just the tone of it, in how some have been in characterizing white guys (who're into fat women; and, by some inference, also black guys too).

But I don't really believe anyone actually means it in quite the way it can come across. Especially in the case of how superodalisque is describing how some of her friends feel about some guys. I mean, maybe it would read better to have the word some repeated throughout the same sentence several times, emboldened. But, just based on context, I tend to just infer it automatically.

That being said, I think there is something to the idea that how precise you are in what you put out there will have some effect on how other people feel like they should respond.

So, for example, in as much as anyone can be inclined to take advantage of someone; if you generally come at people like you're punching above your own weight... So, maybe there is something different or unique that's at play when a person from one background approaches someone else from an entirely different one. And vice-versa.

Either way, it's probably more constructive for people to feel like they can talk about stuff like this candidly. Even if that sometimes means hearing things which we-ourselves find disagreeable. Least of all because, as white guys or blacks guys, it's some (helpful) clue as to what we're up against in approaching those who've regularly been made to deal with all of this.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote