View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 05:57 PM   #85
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaboy View Post
There isn't a set preference but generally speaking I prefer females for romantic relationships and every one else for "nonromantic" relationships. That being said I usually only have those interactions with other makes that have a similar opinion.

No broken hearts that way.
You said this better than I could have. After thinking on it for awhile, I think I'm the same way. Aside from a few fleeting crushes on women, I've only felt serious romantic connections with men. I feel like I probably could have a romantic relationship with a woman, but encountering someone who evokes that sentiment is far rarer.

I think it's pretty interesting that romantic preferences and sexual preferences can deviate from each other so significantly. It makes me question the spectrum of sex/gender-related sexuality vs. FA sexuality. In terms of automatic sexual arousal, it only happens with fat men or women for me. I can recognize thin women as attractive, but only feel any sort of sexual inclination in an already-sexual/physical situation. And I only feel any sort of sexual inclination towards thin men in a demisexual way - I have to be utterly [romantcially] smitten with them. Which I don't think I can maintain, given that most physical contact with thin men is displeasurable to me. Genitalia's never really mattered to me - it depends a lot more on how someone chooses to portray themselves.

Given that it hasn't been touched on in this thread (though it may have been in other threads,) it'd be cool to hear about other people's experience with the romantic/sexual split.