View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #93
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaboy View Post
When you have desires, sexual longing, a craving for physical intimacy, which sex do you nominally prefer?

When I fantasize sexually it's usually quite a bachonal of lovers of both sexes. My desire is always rooted in physical fantasy and aesthetics or some kinky scene I want to work out to try in the flesh one day.

I'm wondering what are the underpinings of desire in a saposexual? Do you just experience desire in a completely different way than say us plain old garden variety bisexuals?

Would you mind enlightening us? I find this very interesting. I get the feeling you may experience desire and love for that matter on a unique and compelling way. One that I can't quite wrap my head around. If there's another way to love people and another way to be compelled by a beauty my eyes are blind too by all means please share it!
I'd say I consider myself sapiosexual as well, to an extent. Essentially, someone demonstrating themselves to be intelligent - especially with the characteristics Indig0 mentioned - is arousing to me? It helps if I find them aesthetically and physically attractive, but it's not really a requirement. I used to have the issue of becoming somewhat aroused during debate events, if someone did a stellar job. It also means that (if it seems justified) I can enjoy someone being a bit arrogant.

I find your own fantasy-description interesting. I generally only fantasize about typically sexual things with someone I'm already interested in. And then it's great. Otherwise, I have little interest in most straightforwardly sexual material unless it has a significantly kinky or taboo twist on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
I have noticed that whilst I can be and am attracted to mentally/emotionally attractive people regardless of their size I have a pretty strong preference for big guys and slender women. And somehow that makes me feel kinda guilty, that I prefer a different aesthetic on men than women. I mean, don't get me wrong, there are skinny men and SSBBW that I find attractive but I do have different preferences in men and women. I guess I am just rambling here.
I definitely don't think you should feel guilty for that! I don't feel like it's uncommon at all - physically and personality-wise - to differ between preferences for men and women. I have different aesthetic preferences as well - my sexual preferences just remain pretty consistent. Which perhaps makes it weirder that my aesthetic preferences differ.