View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #20
Donna
wait...what?

Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
I feel like this is still kind of a not-so-great sentiment, though, because it's keeping a person's self-esteem based so heavily on how well they're able to sell their appearance. It's toxic to measure one's beauty or worth by how much money one makes, even as a model.
Agreed, especially given that beauty is so very subjective. Success in modeling has little to do with beauty or confidence, but more so on a mix of marketing ability, presence and a pinch (or two) of pure luck dashed together with being in the right place at the right time.

Abby, if you're still reading (I see you're on timeout but I know some folks still read the forums even if they cannot post) my advice as a former BBW model is to listen to your inner voice. As I said above, beauty is subjective. Looks can and do change. The only one who can truly make you feel like crap is yourself. I too failed as a BBW model. Did that failure hurt? Hell yes. But I learned some very important life lessons as I failed. Some about others, but the most important things I learned were about myself.

I hope someday you longer feel like crap.
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote