View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #21
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
I feel like this is still kind of a not-so-great sentiment, though, because it's keeping a person's self-esteem based so heavily on how well they're able to sell their appearance. It's toxic to measure one's beauty or worth by how much money one makes, even as a model.
So very true. This is something that's always turned me off the idea of web modelling. I would be the type to get outrageously self conscious and upset if I was basically failing at my job of being seen as desirable and beautiful. It's toxic, indeed, and I am excessively prone to self destructive behaviour in the middle of a toxic situation.

I think those who do model, and have done it for years, are some very strong women for the kind of things they endure. Very strong and very cool.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote