View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 09:48 PM   #6
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

i watch male friends my own age (50) and they do seem to be suffering ageism now. they really seemed to have thought they had forever. they really thought they would be able to pick up a 23 yr old whenever they were ready. they were brain washed back in the 80s with the same media blitz that portrayed men as scarce and made marriageable aged women so desperate. i think they didn't understand that it wasn't real, just a fake construct to make women run to the store to buy cosmetics etc... some of my single middle age male friends are wealthy, some middle class, but they are all facing the same reality. maybe there was a time when it would have been easier to attract a younger woman but it's not that way anymore and hasn't been for some time.

it's easy to fantasize about an older celebrity like the author of the article does but the truth is that the reality of being with an older man is definitely not as attractive to young women as it once as. twenty something young girls are not looking for safety and security. they are looking for love, passion shared experiences. they aren't looking for someone who has to plan his sexual experiences around a lil bue pill. they don't want somebody who is afraid he will be too old to be a father to a young child. they don't want a surrogate daddy telling them how to behave and what to do.

and the ability to appear all knowing and tell young women what to do was a great part of the appeal to older men. but younger women now are more savvy and know when a guy is full of it. once older guys could lay down the law with inexperienced women without being questioned but not anymore. that was the big appeal of youthful women--the control their inexperience once gave older men over them.

it's interesting now to see all of the lost middle aged guys wondering what happened. they watched their fathers and uncles start over with a younger version and thought they would also get their turn but times have changed. the dependency isn't there. there used to be a time when women couldn't even have a credit card in their name-- not so long ago in the seventies. and even more interesting is seeing the same guys watch women they once turned down as too old dating younger men. i know as a fifty year old it's very common to be approached by a men at least 15 yrs younger than you. i don't ever see that happening to men anymore.