View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 02:27 AM   #14
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
I don't like hearing that men over 39 find themselves unattractive. Because I like men over 39.
When I go to bars, if a man doesn't look at least 35, my eyes scan right past them.

True, older men may not have a tonne in common with someone as young as me, but I am interested in a lot more things that older men can discuss rather than anyone my age.
exactly. guys are going to have to start being careful not to put themselves in a box women have been in for a long time. heck, we're trying to get out of it!

another thing your post makes me think :

doesn't this give a great perspective on how guys probably really think about us? while we are obsessing over what magazines have to say. what we really think about older men has absolutely nothing to do with the media image out there. most of the women here have said they aren't really that interested in money etc... i haven't seen much mention of looks. i don't know if that was being polite or if that really isn't our first concern. all i know is that as a middle aged woman kindness and intelligence carries a huge amount of weight for me. insipid insensitive and mean not so much. i'm not going to pretend that i know what a lot of women younger than me feel about looks though. i only have a problem with looks if he doesn't look like he cares at all. i would feel the same about a young guy though. but, even as a young girl i liked that craggy faced heavy limbed look older guys had. i think i watched Clark Gable and Cary Grant too much. George Clooney has some good old boy looks too.

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-20-2014 at 02:42 AM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote