View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 05:48 AM   #15
Jah
Veggie girl

Jah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
exactly. guys are going to have to start being careful not to put themselves in a box women have been in for a long time. heck, we're trying to get out of it!

another thing your post makes me think :

doesn't this give a great perspective on how guys probably really think about us? while we are obsessing over what magazines have to say. what we really think about older men has absolutely nothing to do with the media image out there. most of the women here have said they aren't really that interested in money etc... i haven't seen much mention of looks. i don't know if that was being polite or if that really isn't our first concern. all i know is that as a middle aged woman kindness and intelligence carries a huge amount of weight for me. insipid insensitive and mean not so much. i'm not going to pretend that i know what a lot of women younger than me feel about looks though. i only have a problem with looks if he doesn't look like he cares at all. i would feel the same about a young guy though. but, even as a young girl i liked that craggy faced heavy limbed look older guys had. i think i watched Clark Gable and Cary Grant too much. George Clooney has some good old boy looks too.
Personality plays the most important part in sexual attraction. But when it comes to looks I've always had thing for balding BHMs. That can be a BHM of nearly any adult age. As for personality, I've always wanted someone that is a good friend and companion and who has a few interests in common with me. These are more traits that can be from a man of any age. As for money, I've never cared about that, I've usually been the one with more money than the guys I've been with.
The older I get, the more I put personality first. Not all older men are the same and not all younger men are the same. I've been with my husband since we were 19 and got married at 20. We were both interested in settling down and being married at an early age, which I suppose is rare for people that young.
Jah is offline   Reply With Quote