Thread: confessions
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 01:42 PM   #1666
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Just some background on me, I am finishing up my Master's in Expressive Arts Therapy and Counseling Psychology. I currently intern 3 days a week at a child and adolescent psychiatric hospital and work in the inpatient and partial hospitalization programs.

I definitely agree that pretty much everyone could benefit from therapy in some way, however I will say that CBT isn't the end all be all. I like CBT, it's extremely useful, I'm taking a course on it in a few weeks. However, just because it is the treatment of choice for a lot of things (partly because it can be done quickly aka more cheaply, and is easier than other types of therapy to manualize and therefore study) does not mean it is the best treatment for everyone. I'm super glad it's worked out well for you, but it isn't for everyone. As useful as I know CBT is, it is not the treatment modality I gravitate towards for my own therapy. I do utilize some CBT techniques while working with clients though.

About PTSD, it's a pretty heavy diagnosis and I definitely do not recommend anyone attempting to self diagnose. If you think you may have PTSD, by all means see a professional, but don't assume you have PTSD without a professional opinion, there are a whole host of other diagnoses that may be a better fit.

For me personally, I know that my anxiety plays a large part in my inability to orgasm. I am a rape survivor and that definitely does have an impact on my sex life, though my difficulty with orgasming started before that.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote