View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #10
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Did the colour saturation come on all of a sudden, or gradually, Tad?
Gradually

At least, metaphorically speaking it did, if you call my theoretical phase the black-and-white era, and the practical phase the colour era.

Why I think it is an apt metaphor is that for a huge part of the 'practical (or hands on)' part is......the hands on part I'm very touch oriented, much more than vision or hearing oriented, so adding that aspect was in a lot of ways like adding colour, in that it added richness and nuance that I couldn't even have defined as missing while living in the black and white (theoretical) framework.

And I say that it came on gradually because my wife was not fat when we met (and the very limited amount of relationships I had before her had not been with fat women), but she gained from ~size 12 to ~size 20 over several years, so I gradually came to realize how much better touching and squeezing and hugging was with fat involved. (not that it wasn't pretty awesome anyway, but for me adding fat takes it to 11, to mix metaphors).

As for the difference between theoretical and practical, well, just maybe you might have notice that I may over-think things at times I can build elaborate mental constructs around people being fat, liking fat, getting fatter, and so on. Those constructs can feel pretty compelling. Then I hug my wife, and they fade in comparison to the feeling of her in my arms. For me the practical is just so grounding (in a good sense, as in keeping my feet on the ground so I don't disappear up my own....conjectures). For someone who lives in his head as much as I do, it can be almost shocking how overwhelming that soft physical presence can be.

And for one specific detail of the practical.....when spooning up at night, the arm of the big spoon draped over the little spoon's waist is magnificently supported if the little spoon has a belly sprawled out onto the mattress