View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 10:36 PM   #7
Shan34

Shan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
It sounds to me as if your friend is seeking attention, and this is how she gets it. If so, the reason she brushes you off may be because, if she were to say, "By golly, you're right! I AM attractive!" she would no longer have a way to fish for compliments. Eric Berne, in his classic book Games People Play, describes a game he calls "Ain't It Awful?" which sounds much like the situation you've mentioned.
Took the words right out of my mouth, in a very organized and easy to understand way.

Molly dear, you're not alone!

My .02 cents? Brush this shit off, don't even acknowledge comments like that anymore and instead let yourself shine and show them that life doesn't need to wait for some magic number. You can say a lot with no words at all. <--- That is EXACTLY what I do. And it works