View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 02:41 AM   #53
Amatrix
Winkyface

Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
When you come right down to it, "high maintenance" means whatever you think it means. I've never thought of high-maintenance women as being particularly needy...at least not in an emotional sense. In fact, the ones I've dated have been very independent, high-powered, go-ahead kinds of people. What they DID need was lots and lots of money to maintain themselves in the style they wished, so that's what high-maintenance means to me.
Totally agree!
I just skimmed through and saw some mentions of what high maintenance means or meant to them and saw how I was judging only myself. I think I pull my own weight most of the time, and when I feel like I can I carry as much as I am given. I guess I am saying I try hard, and I hear "thank you" often enough I can count it daily so I think I fit into "both" from the peanut gallery (significant other). I came in needy, but I am breaking out more and more. He not only finances it, he encourages it (he keeps me safe, and I keep him wild).

I have been called "high maintenance" before (only by men though and used more as an insult so my knee jerk reaction was the same. Example of what I initially thought was "high maintenance;" my SO used to make his ex walk around with a grand cash, she would get her hair and nails done every 2 weeks, she always had a new dress and drove a Benz. I am very much on a different path, although comfortable not as cushy. It is all VERY subjective, as only men who were upset with me or frustrated called me "high maintenance" where as you use it more as an powerful term which I love.), and I guess I know exactly what my daily life costs to "maintain..." so if the occasion occurred that I had to "fend for myself" I honestly think I would be just fine.