View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 09:41 AM   #16
musicman
I hate fat-haters!

musicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelingfire View Post

I personally do not see my fat admiration as a choice.As a pre-teen and teen I wanted so badly to be attracted to thin girls. To fit in. I thought something was seriously wrong with me.My first few girlfriends were all thin and athletic.I was sure if I experience dating thin girls I would realize I like them.But anytime I would see a BBW, they would instantly consume my attention, to the point I knew there was no point in lying to myself.

Though I am not gay, to me explaining what gay people go through (before coming out) is the perfect analogy to what I went through.I have read other people saying that too, but not often and not on Dims (I think).I am saying that if a popular thin super model was standing naked in front of me, she would have to do a lot of overtly sexual things to start getting me turned on.On the other hand, take the last random BBW you saw in public, put her in non-sexual clothing, and I would instantly be getting turned on.To me being with a thin woman, would be me pretending or me being unfair to the thin woman because I would always wishing she was something she was not.Like a gay person dating a straight person.

I am guessing to most FAs it is a choice.I can never tell you a point in my life where I felt I was free to make the choice.The only way I would refer to it as a preference is if I was sugarcoating explaining it to a person, who I would be worried would freak-out about it.

I am guessing you don't know many FAs. Why do you think most FAs have a choice? Nearly all of the FAs I've met say the opposite. They tell me they were either born this way, or developed their preference at an early age. They are not aroused by thin women any more than you are. Many of them wished they could date thin women and "fit in", exactly as you described.

I agree with your analogy to someone being gay. But that is described simply as a "sexual preference", so why can't being an FA also be a sexual preference? I think it is. The problem with the word "fetish" is that it has a lot of unnecessary and negative psychological baggage that doesn't apply to most FAs. I don't understand why someone would want to adopt an inapplicable negative word (unless perhaps they want to punish themselves with guilt, or present some sort of "bad boy" image to the world).