View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 10:18 AM   #17
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well it's more effective in contemporary terms to describe whether you are straight, gay, or bisexual as a sexual orientation rather than being a preference. The latter implies you have some degree of control over it, and I'm sure most of us don't agree with that. Being an FA is a conundrum though, because I think some of us believe we can influence our preferences. Not manually control, but influence. I know I can based on my actions. I feel like being an FA is even more complicated because there are so many factors that go into it. Size, shape, features, acceptance level, and more can have an effect on who we are attracted to. Those factors can affect my preferences, but they don't change my orientation.

Even though I identify as bisizual, I still think I would be more willing to date a thin woman even if my FA tendencies were more pronounced, than my peers are willing to date even a chubby woman. That's my biggest argument against a difference in designation between those who are attracted to thin partners, and those who aren't.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal

Last edited by Jon Blaze; 01-29-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote