View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 12:24 PM   #18
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
Well it's more effective in contemporary terms to describe whether you are straight, gay, or bisexual as a sexual orientation rather than being a preference. The latter implies you have some degree of control over it, and I'm sure most of us don't agree with that. Being an FA is a conundrum though, because I think some of us believe we can influence our preferences. Not manually control, but influence. I know I can based on my actions. I feel like being an FA is even more complicated because there are so many factors that go into it. Size, shape, features, acceptance level, and more can have a effect on who we are attracted to. Those factors can affect my preferences, but they don't change my orientation.

Even though I identify as bisizual, I still think I would be more willing to date a thin woman even if my FA tendencies were more pronounced, than my peers are willing to date even a chubby woman. That's my biggest argument against a difference in designation between those who are attracted to thin partners, and those who aren't.

Yes, IMHO one part of a person's brain can override another. Example (that doesn't involve size): when I was about 21 I invited a girl I'd met back to my apartment. After it became clear that we'd be hooking up I asked her about birth control -- she said don't worry I can't have kids. Some deep primitive part of my brain switched off my libido. The last thing my conscious brain wanted was to have a baby with this girl so this should have been good news. However, the more primal part of my brain was saying don't waste your time with this one. After a few minutes my conscious brain prevailed and the evening continued as planned.

My point is that -- at least to some extent -- it is possible to override deep seated preferences.

With regard to weight -- I've enjoyed having sex with very large women -- however, when it came to longer term relationships my primal brain and conscious brain reached a compromise -- mostly mid-sized BBWs.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote