Thread: FA Frustrations
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 10:04 PM   #3
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magodamilion View Post
If approximately 15% of the general population is obese and more older people are then younger people, we could estimate that maybe 5% of guys under 30 are BHM's. And out of that small number about 99.999% of them aren't attracted to me or are married or are religious.
I agree that numbers are a big part of it; when you try to incorporate personal preferences, both physical and mental, it seems as if you're looking at an impractically constricted pool.

* Realistically speaking, you're just not going to be attracted to all BHMs. General appearance comes into play, hygiene, and the fact that people gain weight in different ways.

* Intellectually and personality-wise, you're also just not going to be compatible with many, many people. Regardless of their body. Especially when religiousness is a deal-breaker, though I haven't had much trouble finding fellow seculars online or in school. Then again, I do not live in Texas.

* Insecurity + body issues: FAs probably have to deal with that obstacle more than the average non-FA.

Personally, I've never really been approached by a BHM. Plenty of thin men. Women don't typically have to adopt the role of the pursuer, but I think being an FFA might change that dynamic a bit, in many cases. I'm currently in a relationship; my dating life has actually been, comparatively, very active...except that wouldn't be the case if I hadn't also dated non-BHMs. At times I've definitely wished I had a wider range of attraction.