Thread: FA Frustrations
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #5
choudhury

choudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this board

Speaking as a male FA, I don't think there is a shortage of BBWs out there. If we're talking about extreme obesity, then yes, but if we mean by 'BBW' all women who are significantly overweight, then the percentages seem pretty good.

My frustrations, back when I was dating (I'm married now), were twofold:

1. A lot of attractive BBWs didn't present themselves as attractive. They had, I felt and still feel, a disproportionate tendency to dress drably, for instance. Low self-esteem is obviously a factor in this, and outward style and expression of low self-regard. Speaking purely a 'selfish' viewpoint, seeing beauty hiding itself under baggy shirts, hoodies, etc., is uninspiring and a bit gloomy, and it's hard to be super-excited about asking someone out when they're radiating indifference to themselves.

2. I had my own self-esteem issues, and being an FA made it harder. It was as if there was an extra layer of confusion/insecurity, centred in having unfashionable preferences, added to the fairly normal confusion and insecurities of being a single young person. That said, FAness wasn't the main problem. But it didn't help my confidence any to have my tastes be regarded by male friends or associates as 'weird' or 'disgusting.' (The latter being a word I would NEVER use regarding the body of any woman).
choudhury is offline   Reply With Quote