Thread: FA Frustrations
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 03:56 AM   #12
fritzi

fritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
Clothing manufactures cite the expense to make larger sizes as the reason they don't offer them.
From my observation it at least in part has to something to do with it that fashion companies prize image almost as much as they do profit.

I'm a size 14-16, meaning I can shop at the upper end of regular sizes and at the lower end of real plus-sizes.

With regular sizes at the begin of the season, you find like 5 pieces of a style stocked in size 4-8, 4 items in size 10-12 and only 2 items in size 14-16. At the end of the season the picture mostly is 4 pieces size 4, 3 pieces size 6 and 1 piece size 8 as leftovers on sale.

This isn't a one-off, but a regular pattern you'll find in most stores. To me it seems that fashion retailers are more keen on maintaining their image of making fashion for thin, trendy, chic women than for the actual shopping demographic. And it can be assumed that the bigger the size, the more potentially image damaging it sees to a fashion company. For a business perspective I don't get it...
fritzi is offline   Reply With Quote