Thread: FA Frustrations
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 10:30 AM   #17
YoJoshua

YoJoshua can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesYoJoshua can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
When I was dating I would see lots of attractive large women. However, I usually encountered them in situations were it would be inappropriate to approach them. Women -- fat or thin -- generally don't like being approached by a stranger while they're trying to get their grocery shopping done.

In situations and at places where women are generally more open to being approached (i.e. bars, pubs, clubs, parties) large women are a rarity. In effect, by staying home, many large women take themselves out of the dating pool. BBW events ameliorate this situation for a certain demographic only.
I have to disagree with this, while respecting your experience and loving the word "ameliorate"...

Grocery stores in my opinion are some of the greatest places to make conversation with attractive strangers! I love to cook and I find so many women are ready to "assist" you when you say, "I am trying to make this lasagna, but I don't know if I should use frozen spinach or fresh..." etc.

I am talking about true conversation, not conversation with a subtext of "The whole reason I am talking to you is to get you to come home with me and take your clothes off."

YoJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote