Thread: FA Frustrations
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 06:59 PM   #22
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post

The other day I was going to view a flat and so had to look 'responsible' and so went out in makeup, hair up and styled, long skirt, boots etc and the way I am looked at and responded to is very different. I am taken more seriously by people when I am dressed like that.
This applies just as much to men as to women. I get a WHOLE lot more respect when I'm wearing a coat and tie; when I'm in a three-piece suit with a gold watch chain peeking out of my vest I can pretty much call the shots. And this also ties in with what the other posters have said about meeting women. I enjoyed considerable success back in the day, and I attribute much of it to the fact that I dressed the part: crisp shirt, freshly pressed slacks, hair washed, freshly shaved, just a hint of after shave. In other words, I projected an image of cleanliness and responsibility that would make most Boy Scouts look louche. I truly believe that clothes make the man (or woman) -- at least in the eyes of most of the world.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote