View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 11:09 AM   #32
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

All of the below is in the context of sexual attraction from FFA to the opposite sex, not the social aspect of fat acceptance.

From a colloquial standpoint, fetish has a very negative connotation that most people steer away from; I don't think many people proudly scream that word from the rooftops. However, from a medical standpoint "fetish" seems to be used in two ways.

One is that a (and i quote) 'deviant' sexual drive can ONLY be stimulated by the fetish. Deviant also has very negative social connotation and is starting to be frowned upon in papers because it means to "violate social norms". It is a term that is becoming as outdated as 'race'.

Some papers tend use fetish to describe the sexualization of a non sexual body part. For example; I personally find a guy's thick thighs and big belly sexually arousing. My husband jokes that he never would have thought HIS belly is MY erogenous zone.

So I guess I COULD be classified as having a fetish. However: I personally roll my eyes at this because breasts are a functional part of rearing children. Butts are where poop comes out of. Neither SHOULD be sexy, but the general populace has decided they are, so it is generally accepted.

I think that for some, a heavier body is as much a preference as blonde hair. Visually appealing, but in no way gets your engine revving. For some, it is an absolute requirement to becoming aroused. For many, it will be some shade in between, with other variables coming into play.

I can't quite say I have a "preference" for fat because to me that is like saying I prefer white bread over whole wheat, or I prefer guys with blue eyes. It is more than that, for me. I can't quite say I have a "fetish" in the first way, because fat is not REQUIRED for me to achieve an orgasm (it certainly helps). Again, I could say I have a fetish because I find a big belly or thick thighs sexually attractive. I don't get upset is someone uses the word, but I do put a caveat on their statement that it isn't my be all-end all in a partner.

I found the term "erotic stimuli" and I like it enough that I think i will commandeer it. For me, fat is an erotic stimuli; it is not my only one, but is a strong one.

--
As an aside: While trying to do some general searches I typed in "Sex things that get you -" and google autofilled it with "--on the sex offenders list".

WHAT?! NO! I was going to type "horny!"

We are wondering if liking fat is a preference vs fetish...while other people are trying to confirm what acts would put them on the sex offenders list. Perspective!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote