View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 11:26 AM   #83
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
Recipe for Broccoli-Cheese Soup from the Everyday Photo Pics thread.
http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...postcount=4131

1 lb fresh broccoli, washed and chopped or one 16-oz pkg of frozen broccoli, thawed and separated (I've tried it with fresh and frozen. Frozen is fine, but the stems to florets ratio is a lot higher. When using fresh broccoli, cooking time may be slightly longer.)
2 c. chicken stock
2 c. half-and-half
1/2 c. carrots (about 2 medium-sized)
1 c. onion (about 1 medium-sized)
4 T. butter
3 T. flour
1 c. (or so, I like about 1/4 c. more ) grated cheddar (packaged pre-shredded cheddar works fine, too)
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/8-1/4 t. nutmeg

Saute onions in butter, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; add carrots, and cook 6-10 min. Add flour and cook about a minute; add stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, approx. 5 min. Add broccoli and cook about 10 min until tender. Add half-and-half (or cream, if you want to be be a bit more decadent) and simmer until heated through. Add cheese and cook over low heat, stirring until melted.

This is an easy recipe, plus my cooking skills are pretty rudimentary, so if I can make this, anyone can!
Thanks very much for this recipe, I'll try it when I have all the ingredients! is a t. a teaspoon or tablespoon? And are the carrots chopped or grated? thanks!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote