View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 04:09 PM   #1
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Whatever happened to apple pie?

In the restaurants of America, desserts are taking a beating. If you'd like to have some sadistic fun the next time you eat out, when your server asks if you'd like dessert, say "I sure would like a piece of apple pie." That deer-in-the-headlights look you'll get is priceless (NB: This doesn't work at Marie Callender's; they actually have pie. Apparently they have cornered the pie market). After a preliminary stutter, your server will say, "We don't have apple pie, but we DO have three-kinds-of-cake-five-kinds-of-ice-cream-with-chocolate-strawberry-and-butterscotch-topping-whipped-cream-nuts-gummi-bears-sardines-and-a-cherry-on-top* (Every chain restaurant in America serves this. Probably three quarters of their customers are families with children, and when I was a kid I would have killed for something like this. It probably would have killed me, too)." There will be two other dessert options: tiramisu (made with cornstarch) and cheesecake (made with styrofoam). And nobody even KNOWS what tapioca is.** What happened to simple desserts? Does anybody know?

*Just kidding about the sardines.

**There are places in Boston where you can get Indian pudding. Do it.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote