Thread: FA Frustrations
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 09:59 AM   #70
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I used to go out 'into town' and away from the university zone, just to see more fat people. Between the age, some of the socio-economic factors that impact both fatness and going to a college like that, and probably some self-selection.... I'm not suprirsed to hear that it is a rough spot for FAs.

ETA: I should add, I did end up meeting my wife at the University. She was pretty thin at the time but somehow hit a bunch of my hot buttons anyway, and I decided that some casual dating couldn't hurt, if only to build up my dating skills. Then we just really hit it off, I realized that I didn't do 'casual' well and worried about how this could interact with my FA0ness...... then I discovered that she was walking about 1.5 hours a day plus had a part time job that was quite active but was only eating about one to one and a bit meals a day, that she loved food and had a huge appetite when she did eat, and after a bit more time I met her rather fat parents, and I decided that the FA side of me would probably be fine if I was just patient--and that part all worked out.

So I guess I'm saying even when things look pretty 'thin,' there can be hidden possibilities