View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 12:15 PM   #2
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta View Post
I know I do not live as your physician would suggest you to do, so how could I become a doctor?

I am so scared. My dream has come true, but so has my nightmare.

Any kind words would really help.
I understand your worries -but from an outsider's perspective I can only say you have a too idealized view of your future profession.

It is a well known statistical fact that medical professionals IRL have a bad track record of practicing what they (are supposed to) preach.

No other academic profession - apart from journalists over 60 - has such a high ratio of smokers. Alcoholism or pill addicition rates are also on the higher end of the scale. Many doctors are far from slim or eat healthily.

If you're studying medicine as asecond career you bring along experiences the freshies right out of college won't: Real life expertise, social competencies, a way of interacting at eye-level with colleagues, peers and patients.

Bring all that to play - the others need it! Good luck!
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote