View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 09:35 PM   #405
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
This is awesome!

On my soundproof headset there is this sort of subtle interesting pattering sound in the background at some points that reminds me of an echo/reverb but at 1:41 ish it sounds more pronounced.
(Adjusts glasses, puts on nerd cap...)

Close! There is reverb, but it was put across all instruments on the whole mix. On the guitars I added a delay effect. The guitar strings are very thick and 'flat' which gives them the classic 1960's-ish surf sound. The way the notes are picked on the rhythm guitars there's a natural 'click' sound, add the delay and it becomes 'click-click' giving it that rhythmic echoey effect without using more reverb. Thus, maintaining the articulation of the notes and still making it repeat.

Behold! The over-explanation of the day!
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote