View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 06:30 PM   #11
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Apparently, Vegemite beer. There was an article in the Sydney Morning Herald yesterday to the effect that Aussie bootleggers are buying large quantities of Vegemite (which is, as you point out, basically brewer's yeast) to recycle it into suds.
I thought all the yeast in vegemite was dead. Interesting, because if brewers yeast starts to flourish in your guts you might just get the best disease... ever.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/...er-in-your-gut

"medical professionals chalked up the man's problem to "closet drinking." But Cordell and Dr. Justin McCarthy, a gastroenterologist in Lubbock, wanted to figure out what was really going on.

So the team searched the man's belongings for liquor and then isolated him in a hospital room for 24 hours. Throughout the day, he ate carbohydrate-rich foods, and the doctors periodically checked his blood for alcohol. At one point, it rose 0.12 percent.

Eventually, McCarthy and Cordell pinpointed the culprit: an overabundance of brewer's yeast in his gut.

That's right, folks. According to Cordell and McCarthy, the man's intestinal tract was acting like his own internal brewery."