View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 07:17 AM   #74
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm not sure what made me think of this, but the following is one of my very derpiest moments (I imagine those of you from New York or some of you other metropolitan types might find it rather amusing):

When I was in grad school, I lost my car key (derpy moment #1), and some friends were kind enough to take me home to get my spare key. I told them I would take a cab back to the parking lot to pick up my car, so they left; and I called a cab company and waited for it to show up. But that is the one and only time I have ever ridden in a cab, so I completely forgot passengers are supposed to get in the back seat. I opened the front passenger door and climbed right in as if we were besties, as the driver scrambled to move his logbooks, a paper bag that probably contained his dinner, a novel he had been reading, and other assorted belongings. That's when I realized my mistake, but it was too late to turn back! So I sat right there in the front seat with him and we chatted like old friends until we got to the St. Louis Arena (this was before city officials decided to blow it up) where my car was sitting, then he waited to make sure I got it started up before he left. He was really nice about the whole thing, but I still felt really really stupid.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote