View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 07:33 AM   #75
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

MsBrightside’s story reminds me of one of my all-time derpiest moments. I graduated university in the middle of a severe recession and it was hard to land even an interview. In months of job hunting I got only my third interview – in Montreal, most of two hours away from Ottawa (where I was – resentfully -- living back at home). I had to borrow my Mom’s car to drive there. Interview with HR went well, then I had to drive a convoluted route to another building where I interviewed with the group I’d be working with, and that also seemed to go well.

When I went to leave, I discovered that I’d locked my keys in the car. We were in the middle of massive industrial park with neither a garage or a pay phone to be seen, and I didn’t even have a map. I ended up having to go back inside, explain the situation, and ask to borrow a phone book and their phone, and request info about what garages in the phone book might be remotely close to where we were. One of the guys there volunteered instead to call CAA (like AAA, but Canadian) on my behalf, pretending it was his card. We did that, and I eventually got underway.

I did get the job, but I never asked if my keys misadventure had influenced them one way or another.