View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 04:38 AM   #19
Orchid

Orchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this board

Homebaked apple pie, the pie crust recipe from the old BHG cookbook 1978 and to that I add just a hint of nutmeg/cinnamon to add some flavour to the pie crust.
Modern apples do not have much taste so I try to have several types together. Use cane sugar or light brown sugar with some cinnamon or apple pie spice mix. I know USA sells this but never seen it here in EU. Should you like adding raisins to the mix try to get plump recent raisins and not old stock dried out raisins that have been sitting there.
Modernize that apple pie add some cherries or some blackcurrants. The site www.bhg.com has some nice apple pie and other pie recipes.
When I still used to get around and still travelled abroad, the germans have nice apple pie, one could order that with coffee at bakeries where one could have coffee & cake.
Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote