View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 03:11 PM   #35
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Have to remember to compare apples to apples -- many times cars change considerably from year to year but keep the same name. My first generation Volvo V70 and my wife's second generation V70 are totally different cars. While in many respects my wife's newer version is the superior car my older version is easier to get in and out of and has more room for long legs and large feet (neither car is a good choice for people with wide hips).

Also, try to avoid cars with history of mechanical problems. There are internet forums for many brands and models. My wife's former car, a 2003 Ford Taurus, was a complete piece of shit (well documented if we had bothered to look it up). We spent thousands of dollars keeping that dog on the road (inc. two engines and three transmissions). The car was very roomy -- my wife weighed 500 pound when she bought it and it was one of the few cars that fit. In retrospect she should have kept looking.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote