View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 03:58 AM   #39
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Being around 400lbs at just under 5 foot 3, I always feel it important to report on here any time I have a comfortable passenger experience in a car. My son has an old Honda Civic and though he loves it and it's very reliable, I just find it very "saggy" to sit in and have to haul myself out, lifting my legs over a high side part at the door. He also gets quite ratty as he says my right knee is constantly in his way when he is moving the gear stick - I find it very difficult to position myself so this doesn't happen. Three weeks ago, I was given a ride in my son's gf's dad's car - a Nissan Qashqai. I haven't been so comfy in a car since I was in a Toyota Rav 4. This car was perfect to get in and out of, no ducking or climbing up out of it, just a straight in and out. No high lip to step over to get in. Lots of room to adjust yourself and get comfortable. VERY comfortable seat that almost cuddles you (though it would be better a little wider for that cuddle!). The best bit of all was that the seatbelt smoothly clipped in place without strapping me tightly to the seat, hurray! Though I am relatively short, I have a padded posterior so I sit very high on chairs and in car seats, so I need a decent ceiling height. This was not a problem in the Qashqai. Not sure if this model is even in the US, but could be handy knowledge for holiday car hire. Oh and my knee was nowhere near the gearstick, so no getting in the way. Lots of footwell and thigh space, so very comfortable option for a long journey.

Last edited by Ruby Ripples; 01-03-2016 at 04:00 AM. Reason: To add info.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote