Thread: Labels
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 08:32 AM   #7
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't mind the labels like "chubby chaser" or "FA." It's just a descriptive way to express someone's preference. With that said, I agree with OP's premise. I've noted before that we don't have a similar description for someone who prefers blonde's only. Or a certain ethnicity. So that we have a label for one who prefers fat girls suggests such a preference is an anomaly.

I stayed away from using the word "fat" for a long time because it is always used in such a negative context. I've found more and more I use it to cut to the chase. I still don't use it to describe my wife, even though it's her word of choice to describe herself.

Recently I found myself in a discussion on preferences on another forum similar to this. One of the sub-topics was how in online dating, "curvy" is misused to by fat women who do not want to own up to being fat. During this discussion I mentioned I liked bigger girls and someone asked me to clarify. I was very clear: I like fat girls. I've had multiple parters (one at a time) who were north of 300. I was instantly castigated for this confession by some in that discussion. People assumed something was wrong with me for wanting to be with a fat woman. Others were supportive or indifferent, as they should be. Labels ensued, though. And often we use the labels negatively. The labels themselves are one thing, but I think the objections to them stem from the often negative context in which they are used.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote