Thread: Labels
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 08:33 PM   #14
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitScorpion View Post
In much (not all) of the US, it's usually only used as a gay culture term - a man who prefers large men.

When used in the straight culture, it has two different meanings. In the pejorative, it means a man (usually) preying on overweight women for sex without commitment, with the stereotype that big women supposedly are "desperate" (which does not bear out in actuality), and thus more likely to consent.

The other is appreciative, that of a man who would "chase" a BBW due to his sincere personal preference.
I agree it can be any of these three, but I've seen it most commonly applied to describe guys who prefer bigger girls. I've actually never heard it used pejoratively as you've described. I've heard other derogatory terms that describe that behavior, but in my experience "chubby chaser" is a somewhat benign descriptive term for guys like me.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote