Thread: cooking shows
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 09:17 PM   #6
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Slightly unrelated question - more professional curiosity: Do you actually cook a lot? Especially the recipes in the cooking shows?
i actually do cook every day for my family. plus from about march-nov i am an avid gardener, so i am always looking for new and interesting dishes that use the veg that i grow.
i don't necessarily watch for a specific recipe, but i do find the cooking shows useful in learning tips or hints that i may not know. that is how i got hooked on good eats/alton brown. he not only told you how to make something, but why it is made that way and such. cooking shows also inspire me to try new dishes that i may not normally make/eat. if i see a dish on tv and learn what it is in it, i am more likely to make or order if out to dinner and try it.
if i see a dish on the cooking show that i like, i usually try to find a version of it online for a recipe. i do also have 2 shelves of cook books and like to watch the allrecipes channel on my roku. they give you short step by step videos on how to make a variety of recipes based on your main protein or food you are looking for.

i do also bake regularly, but not necessarily the super complex stuff they do on bake off. i like to watch the baking shows just to learn about baking and for the reality/competition portion of it.