View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 09:15 AM   #330
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
the chili was bold. the recipe i had used some of the spices jcas50 mentions. i left the bay leaf out. i don't like the flavor. my recipe also used baking cocoa instead of unsweetened chocolate. it has Worcestershire sauce in it as well. i made the chili with the beans in it and only topped with the chopped onions and cheese. it was interesting to try. hub liked it so may do it again some day.
Sounds intriguing, but I'm too lazy to measure out that many spices! I agree with you about the bay leaf.

Someone asked me for the banana cake recipe, so here it is. The texture is really more of a cross between cake and banana bread, so this recipe may not satisy a true cake afficionado. The cream cheese frosting is really good, though!

Banana "Cake"
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 and 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 c. (about 2 large/3 small) mashed ripe bananas
1/2 c. walnuts (optional)

Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 c. butter
1 and 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
(this amount of frosting is enough to cover one 9" x 13" cake)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease your baking pan (I floured it as well, but that's probably overkill). Cream the butter and the sugar, beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients, then stir into the wet batter. Mix in the mashed banana (when I make banana bread, I always add the bananas to the wet mixture, but this way works, too), spread it into the pan, and bake 20-25 min (10" x 15" jellyroll pan) or 30 min (9" x 13" pan), or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting, then sprinkle on 1/2 c. walnuts if desired.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote