Thread: cooking shows
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #15
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
I love Diners, Drive Ins , & Dives ...
Me, too. And I've been lucky enough to eat at a couple places that have been featured. I think it's one of the most compelling shows, or at least it's the one the had me hooked for two and a half hours of back-to-back episodes the last time I stayed in a hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
I love Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers and some of his other series too ... I think One2One would love his food too.
I do! I had to look him up because I've never seen one of his shows, but this is exactly the kind of approach to food that works for me. Plus, it makes it a bit of a creative adventure and not just more work when I already have more to do than I can ever get done. It really is right up my alley (or street). I watched a clip of chicken and leek pie, which I was thinking of just the other day because I have a couple pie crusts in the freezer.

I can see why you love his kitchen. It's beautiful, and duplicates the same elegant simplicity that is often in the meals you post. My dream kitchen (if I ever win the lottery) also has a back door and overlooks a patio with an herb garden. And a fireplace. I meant to bump the cookbook thread a while ago for a couple new(ish) titles. I think you might like David Tanis' "One Good Dish".

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
... from about march-nov i am an avid gardener, so i am always looking for new and interesting dishes that use the veg that i grow.
I admire people who garden. I don't have nearly enough patience. My dream kitchen herb garden includes a gardener.