View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 07:13 PM   #14
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default addendum

We went to one of the periodic food sampling events at Kowalski's today - this one featuring Valentine's Day foods. The story also carries a line of cookware from Cook's of Crocus Hill. A woman from that store was demonstrating a French product - Mauviel. I know this product mostly from their copper cookware (elegant but too pricey for us). The frying pan she was demonstrating was made of 'carbon steel' - according to her, the same composition as cast iron (note: iron not the same as steel but I didn't pursue it.) The pan she was using looked well-used but clean enough for more cooking. She was frying something like a hot cake and offered us a sample. It was just fine.

I walked over to her demo booth rather skeptical but almost bought one. Mrs Ho Ho suggested that we give our Swiss Diamond a bit more time first.

I copy in this blurb from the Mauviel website:

"The collection M'steel is made of black steel (carbon steel) that has excellent heat conduction. The M'steel fry pan collection has the same concept as a cast iron fry pan - It's what the French Mama's use instead of cast iron."

M'Steel Round Fry Pan, Steel Handle

Item Size Capacity Price 3651.20 8 in
40.00 3651.24 9.5 in
60.00 On Sale 40.00 3651.28 11 in
70.00 3651.32 12.5 in
3651.36 14 in

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote