View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 08:45 PM   #42
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Fat-on-Fat hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelingfire View Post
"I wonder what would happen if I went into the BBW forum and wrote..."
Probably nothing. Because most of the women who used frequent that folder have moved on. Because:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelingfire View Post
...Then someone comes into the FA forum with a post expressing bigotry toward FAs...
It's a reaction to (radioisotope-of?) all of the crude, boorish,anti-social, & generally degrading behavior that's put on fat women...for being fat. When, of course, in reality, it's more to do with the person exhibiting it. And how we, any of us, all of us-at one point or another, have tolerated it. Been a party to it. That this folder if not the entire forum and fat community writ large at some level represents. For them. Or anyone. At one point or another.

So, basically, you'd do better to step away, for a minute, from the idea of a safe space. And just realize that, no matter where you go, you're still basically out there in the world. With other people. Who have plenty of baggage of their own.

Who don't like you.

Who will never like you.

Because of who you are, yes; but also as much for precisely what that means only for them.

So, fairly, I think you -can- fault her. But more so for how everything's necessarily couched in the lolz-on-lolz-on-top-of-more-lolz.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote