View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 02:45 PM   #43
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
... I had purely physical relationships with a couple women who I found attractive, and in which both parties knew there was no long term connection. That isn't a fetish, that's a casual sexual relationship between mutually attracted partners. That the women happened to be fat didn't make me a fetishist. It made me a guy who likes fat women.

In the eyes of many people outside of the BBW/FA community you would indeed be considered a fetishist (as would I).

A term women seem to use more than men applies here -- "I like what I like". Lots of guys like women with big breasts, lots of guys like women with large butts and thighs, somewhat fewer men like really big bellies. If a guy tells his girl OMG I love your huge breasts its unlikely that without more he'd be considered a fetishist. If he says to his girl that he really likes her huge bottom he may or may not be considered a fetishist. But if he says OMG your huge fat belly is so sexy in all likelihood he'll be considered a fetishist.

In my books a fetish is just a like that is less broadly appreciated. Therefore, the determination of what is and what isn't a fetish is situational. Thus the terms FA and Fat Fetishist merely create a distinction without difference.

I once called a 500 lb casual partner "my sexy fat girl" she broke into tears and wouldn't talk to me for a week. Going forward I kept my comments about a partner's body to size to myself. Whenever guys articulate their carnal thoughts they are at risk of being labeled a fetishist or objectifier of women. Best to keep your mouth shut an enjoy your partners abundance in silence.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote