View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 03:58 PM   #51
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choudhury View Post
Well, I for one remain confused about the difference between FA and 'fetishist.' I can't really grasp the idea that the 'fetishist' is 'only attracted to fat.' Who lusts after a disembodied lump of fat? We're all attracted to fat WOMEN not fat per se. So that can't be the distinction. Other distinctions invoked in this thread include extreme fantasies or one-dimensional behaviors (e.g., feeding someone to immobility, obsessing over numbers on the scale). Maybe this is closer to the mark. It's still a bit tricky, because most FAs probably are on a continuum here - we like weight gain even if it's not carried to extremes, we like discovering what the scale says, we tend to especially enjoy the fattest part of our mate's body (belly, butt, whatever). But we like other things beyond that.

It sounds to me like we want to call a 'fetishist' those who have a very OBJECTIFYING one-dimensional approach to BBWs - framing them purely as objects to be fattened, or weighed, etc.. And we want to call 'FAs' those who have a more fully-rounded, mature approach to women. Now I can get behind that. But is this how the word 'fetish' is used outside the FA community? Is a foot fetishist a guy who objectifies women's feet, excluding any other consideration than that, or just a guy for whom the sexiest part of a woman is the foot?

Whatever the case may be, I don't like being called a 'fat fetishist.' First, it makes it sounds like I want to get it on with a big lump of fat rather than a fat woman. Second, it seems to imply some deviant obsessiveness, when in fact I'm no different from a guy who lusts after thin women - I just like my ladies rotund.
Excellent post! I agree with everything said.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote