View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 07:25 PM   #59
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsBrian View Post
Um, no. No offense man but I kind of don't care that you've insisted.

I'm not going to go collect a bunch of quotes. Mainly because I'm an obstinate dickhead. Also, I'm lazy.
Fair enough. But let the record note: You are grossly mischaracterizing things I've said and in your own words too lazy and too obstinate a dickhead to take the time to review what I've actually said. With this in mind, any critique you make of my position on this subject is fundamentally flawed.

Quote:
My use of the word creep was a way of summarizing your definition of a fetishist. Your definition being: someone who refuses to be seen in public with their lover, someone who overlooks a person's humanity for their fat, and someone who uses another person just for sex. All three of those qualities are inherently creepy, therefore I am concluding that in your view a person with a fetish is a creep. Maybe I'm wrong but that seems to be what you've been implying.
Wrong again. I've said those things MAY be indicators one is a fetishist rather than an actual FA. That word "may" is crucial because I won't speak in absolutes. It's a possibility a fetishist fits the description I've given but not all of them will. Hence the word "may." I've used "will" a few times too, but taken as a whole in context of what I've put on this thread my take on fetishists is suggestive, not definitive.

Quote:
I disagree with your definition and I see myself as an FA with some fetishistic leanings. So, I take offense to the implication that I meet any of your criteria for what qualifies one as a fetishist.
I'm not sure how you can disagree with my "definition" because I've offered neither a definition for neither fetishist nor FAs. I've simply shared some indicators that MAY help OP discern one from another.

Quote:
I've never used someone for sex. I've held hands with with big women in public and have been openly affectionate. I've introduced fat women to my family. I've encouraged exercise, healthy eating, and, yes, even weight loss. To the best of my ability I have tried to love and be a good, decent, man for every woman I have ever dated. And while all this is true it is also true that I consider myself to be someone with some sexual tastes that could be considered fetishistic. So, I'm resistant to the idea that anyone attracted to fat women in a way that differs from your specific brand of attraction is considered a fetishist as you've defined it. I think that your definition of a fetishist is exactly that; your definition.
Uh...If you've read my posts here you'd see I've not argued this. You're pretty far off on a lot of things I said. I was hoping for a reasonable conversation and an opportunity to clarify my position but you've made it clear (self described dickhead, obstinate, lazy) that's not possible. Doesn't mean we can't co-exist here and elsewhere on Dims, but it seems it would utterly fruitless to try to discuss this any further with you.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote