View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 10:11 AM   #99
rollhandler

rollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticed
Default Rainbows and spectrums and scales, oh MY

As I mature I realize that in all aspects of humanity almost every trait of the human condition can be placed on a spectrum.
We learn from the cradle to distinguish black from white and are taught the differences of the world in black and white terms. We struggle with the shades in between.

In human sexuality the first questions we learn answers to regarding the differences between men and women are black and white, being that women look different than men based on whether they have a penis or vulva. We. learn our sexuality past that in terms of heterosexual or homosexual. There may possibly be given the nod toward a shade of grey regarding Bisexuality being that the bisexual has sex with both. As humans we still struggle with the shades in between.

I see this as not an emotional attraction thing but a physically sexual thing as the name implies. It is my SEXUALITY not my dating preference or visual preference toward whom or what gender I find attractive or dating pool.
I find a number of people of various genders attractive. I do not have an urge to date or marry or enter a long term relationship with a male however I will have and very much enjoy sex with both genders.
I identify as a bisexual male. I identify on this scale as a 3.

The Kinsey Institute Scale of Human Sexuality

0- Exclusively heterosexual with no homosexual

1- Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual

2- Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual

3- Equally heterosexual and homosexual

4- Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual

5- Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual

6- Exclusively homosexual

What is "The Kinsey Scale?"

The Heterosexual-Homosexual Rating Scale, sometimes referred to as the “Kinsey Scale,” was developed by Alfred Kinsey and his colleagues Wardell Pomeroy and Clyde Martin in 1948, in order to account for research findings that showed people did not fit into neat and exclusive heterosexual or homosexual categories.

Interviewing people about their sexual histories, the Kinsey team found that, for many people, sexual behavior, thoughts and feelings towards the same or opposite sex was not always consistent across time. Though the majority of men and women reported exlusively opposite attraction, thoughts and behavior, and a percentage reported exclusively homosexual behavior and attractions, many individuals disclosed behaviors or thoughts somewhere in between.

Human sexuality is fluid. not only are there every stripe of sexuality on a spectrum from hetero to gay but this may vary from day to day in a month as to which aspect prevails. and that is strictly from a physical aspect of sexuality.

There are other factors involved in human interactions regarding what we perceive as our sexuality but as I mentioned earlier I am only tackling the physical strict definition of the word sexual.
rollhandler is offline   Reply With Quote