View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 08:26 PM   #54
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Suzuki models that were actually built by Suzuki are very reliable. This includes the SX4 (recommended by Consumer Reports). Unfortunately for their reputation Suzuki sold several models that were actually manufactured by other companies (Suzukis built by Daewoo were particularly bad -- I use the past tense since I haven't seen one still on the road for quite some time).

Suzuki engines are particularly durable (they were one of the first companies to go back to using timing chains rather than the timing belts that are so often the Achilles heal of cars with small engines -- including many Hondas.) Again this only applies to engines Suzuki actually built themselves.
Huh. The more you know and stuff!

Thankfully my CR-V does have a chain instead of a belt... one of the things about it I actually like more than my poor Subie.