View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 11:08 PM   #59
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Never understood my people don't like minivans and wagons. They're the most useful and adaptable of vehicles. My wife doesn't like them either. She made an exception for the Volvo V70 wagon I got her a couple of moths ago (nice leather seats can win people over).

However, I wouldn't recommend the V70 for people with wide hips.
The answer I get is that station wagons and especially minivans are an admission of defeat. Get one, and you're acknowledging that your family has trapped you into settling for bleak transportation utility. An SUV means you still have ambitions of an adventurous outdoor lifestyle, despite the fact you chose it because of its convenient child-seat anchor points and the third-row seating for the Sunday School carpool.

It's image, no more and no less.

For the record, we have no kids, just a dog and a cat. And I agree that Volvos in general tend to have good fore-aft space, but not much side-to-side (the now-discontinued C30/S40/V50/C70 platform vehicles have a raised center console between the front seats, and really could benefit from a seatbelt extender).
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote