View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 10:30 AM   #9
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Breakfast!

This is part of a recent e-mail.

Breakfast. I've got to tell you about that (maybe I have already.) We have been pretty much devotees of cooked cereal, either whole grain mixtures or whole kernel mixtures, when the cooking times for the various grains are compatible. For the last 10 to 15 years (maybe longer - I forget) we have used a product called Wheat Montana 7-grain (now + flax). It looks like, and cooks like oatmeal but is a much richer mixture. We buy it in 50 to 100 lb bags. In the last few years, Wheat Montana has gone wholesale and sells only 1000 lb quantities. Mrs Ho Ho has found a repackaging source that sells it in the 50 to 100 lb lots that we are used to. I'm estimating that we use about 5 lbs per month. For our morning cereal, I add 3/4 cup of cereal to 2 cups boiling water + 1/4 cup of Hammon's recipe-ready black walnut pieces. We buy this 10 lb. at a time. You could substitute other nuts if you're allergic to black walnuts, but the black walnuts really give it a tang.

But that ain't all, folks!

When the cereal is done, we slice or cube some sharp cheddar over the top of the bowl and then add a poached egg (or a microwaved facsimile) on top the mix. Perhaps a bit of salt and pepper over that. Then, with good strong coffee, seasonal berries, a banana or 'Cutie' and citrus juice, Mrs Ho Ho's breakfast is ready. I go a step farther with mine. I shake (shake, shake, shake) a few drops - well, maybe a teaspoon - of Melinda's XXXX Habanero sauce over it. I also mix something like a parfait out of plain yoghurt, granola, fruit and a bit of milk. I eat hearty at breakfast because I don't eat much the rest of the day.

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote