View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 07:07 PM   #7
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezablysoft View Post
This lends a lot of credibility to the idea that some ppl are just meant to be fat. I sometimes wonder how much of the health risks associated with obesity are actually due to the physiological stress of constantly fighting biology. Someone needs to do a study to see if heavy ppl who have never dieted are better off.
You'd need a test group and a control group ideally as demographically similar as you could possibly get them. For example, within 5 years of age of each other, no genetic pre-disposition to diseases of any kind, similar ethnicity, income level, and lifestyles. I think it is a fascinating idea, but the actual value in these studies I believe is extremely limited because any given variable holds its value only when the other variables are held constant. Of course we know, reality simply doesn't work that way.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote